Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Adventures

I cannot believe that it's the MIDDLE of JUNE. Umm..WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!
I don't even know how this is possible. I'm REALLY quite confused!
Anyways. I'm bound and determined to be a better blogger. I really am. Hopefully. LOLOL!


So let's play catchup.

The start to this summer was..a little slow. There were some quality hangouts...a lot of Tim Hortons dates and some other general fun..but nothing TOO crazy..then one day..Nannon and I decided that we needed to have the BEST SUMMER EVER(tm). We decided that in ORDER to have the BEST SUMMER EVER(tm)...we needed to live by a few certain rules...

A) You need to be open to everything
B) You need to be willing to be severly exhausted
C) You can't use stupid excuses
D) You need to put yourself out there
E) Be random, silly and have fun
F) Don't care about what other people think


Those are the basic unwritten rules. Which are now written..as I just typed them. Hrm.

Anyways. So far, this philosophy has worked out QUITE well! There have been some fun random adventures so far..and I'm looking forward to many more! We have gone for coffee dates, but not just at our regular hangout - we've actually ventured around and about the lovely downtown this city has to offer! We've made a TON of new friends..we'll just go out and randomly start TALKING to people..and then suddenly we'll find someone we have in common (yeah, small town?) and then next thing you know..you have a bunch of new friends! I've just really stopped caring about what people THINK about me..I care..but I've kind of accepted that if people don't like me..that's too bad for them and I'm going to enjoy life to the fullest. I go out and will have some drinks and dance and meet new friends...Last night I went out with my friend JC and we walked around the park for 2+ hours, then went and sat in a coffee shop, and FINALLY, we grabbed pizza around 10pm, and went and sat on a dock down by the lake where we chatted more and laughed and ate pizza in the middle of the lake. It was awesome good times..and it was needed on both behalfs.

I'm in a bookclub with Shopgirl* - through which I've already met a ton of great people, and reconnected with others. It's nice to be able to just..go out and talk and laugh. I enjoy laughing and talking so much..you have no idea!

We've also just been..'hanging out'...sitting in Nannon's house talking and laughing...about nothing, about everything.

I've also decided that dragging Shopgirl* out with me everywhere is basically my mission for life this summer..LOLOL! It seems like every two seconds I'm like..Hey..wanna do this..Hey..you're coming here with me..I'll be there to pick you up in 20 minutes..LOL! Which is SO funny, because it's only since I discovered her blog that we've really became REAL friends. We KNEW each other, and ran in SORT OF similar circles, but things are just different now. It doesn't hurt that we have far too much in common and sometimes I think that she IS just me in a different body...LOL! Great friendships come in the least unexpected places..and that makes me happy :)

Things are also looking great for my European adventures. Not sure whether or not I mentioned it here, but I'll be moving overseas come the fall to be an aupair (a glorified nanny..haha). Even though it's not EXACTLY my field which I've gone to school for, it's still with children..and I don't think that I particularily WANT to teach next year. That, and this has always been one of those things on 'my list' that I just WANT to do, that I feel like I need to do. It's quite exciting! I really need to move ahead and get some of my profile for that done..but I've been quite busy at work!

Anyways, guess I better run. Just thought I should update!

Ta for now lovlies!

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

YAY FOR SUMMER LOVIN'! (Cue song from Grease...)

I'm glad we met... after my friend Cicada met her HUSBAND through her blog I always wanted a blog friend in real life... and then I met you!! YAYYY!!

Thanks for "dragging" me out... I love this summer so much more so far. :)

Unknown said...

I think I will apply your rules!!Sounds like it has changed the course of your summer for the better! Keep up the awesome blogging...you found a fan in me!