Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Here Comes The Bride..

No, it's not me. It's DEFINITELY not me. It's so far from being me..it's actually almost FUNNY.

Basically, to spill the beans..One of my two best friends...my lovely Nenna got engaged to her very own Effrey!

Now, I could not be happier..as I love BOTH of these two DEARLY. (In fact, I love them both at LEAST as big as a dump truck, and maybe even a digger) I'm so excited for them..as the wedding planning is ALREADY in FULL swing! In the few short weeks they've been engaged they've managed to secure a venue, church, place for photos..as well as other things! These things are a necessity to do early..as evidently wedding things are super popular..and the 'big ticket' issues apparently have to be booked well in advance.

So this ALSO means..I get to be a bridesmaid. Which I am super DUPER excited about as I love weddings and being in weddings and doing fun wedding-ish stuff! The last time I was the bridesmaid in December I had a blast and everything just worked out and was so beautiful and happy and wonderful that I'm REALLY excited to be a part of that again for others that I hold closest to my heart.

ANNND...I've got a little book and everything.

It's really true, I do. Because you know, I'm a giant loser like that. It has things that *I* have to do, things that I have to remind Nenna to do, and also things that cannot be done under any circumstances (For instance, the fun of the chicken dance has been banned...I know, collective 'AWWW'...but what can ya do?)

So I'm excited..in 13.5 months..my Nenna and Effrey will ACTUALLY be married. For real. They'll be their own real little family....and as Nenna's little boy Gigglenuts has told us..we all know that getting married means that "Mommy and Effrey will live with me forever" - It's the true definition of marriage..straight from the mouth of a three year old. ACTUALLY.

Holy moly...the more I think about this..it's scary! Not scary in the TYPICAL way..but just in the 'Wow - I'm so behind on this 'growing up' thing' kind of way....haha - ah well..I guess we all do things in our own different times..haha! :)

Anyways. So when I finally got confirmation that a proposal HAD happened...I drove 1.5 hours to a) see the ring b) say congrats c) try to take 2498713948 photos of the ring try to get a good shot of it (note to self: diamonds + photographing = HARDER THAN IT LOOKS)

These were a few of my end results:


I like this one :)


The top of the ring




The side with the cute side diamonds!


So yes..that's the exciting news in the world of engagements 'round these parts! I'm oh so looking forward to the wedding of my lovelies! It's going to be such a perfect day..I just know it! And I'm also excited because it means that I get to hang out and partay (like it's 1999) with my second family..YAY!

So all in all..some pretty exciting times around here! :)

1 comment:

Asha said...

Congrats to Jenna & J-Dawg... seems like a lot of people are tying the knot these days.



But not me!! ANYTIME SOON... lol.

*high fives*