Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Strawberry Adventures!

As you may or may not know..I live and work on a strawberry farm in the heart of cottage country in a small town in rural Ontario...

Also..as you may or may not know..I love my little family of friends..I think that I have some of
the best friends ever. I'm actually quite convinced of the fact.

ANYWAYS. So. Last week I was working a split shift..which meant that I worked from 8-12 and then 4-8..which means it's a LONG day..because usually in my "break" (if I get out of there on time..which..never happens) I'm usually doing things for the store or dealing with phonecalls or etc. etc. So it usually ends up that I'm on my feet/on the go for about 12 hours straight..and by the end of the shift I'm EXHAUSTED and SO worn out that I can't even MOVE.

One day though..after FAR too long of feeling like we hadn't seen each other REALLY in days and days and even LONGER than just DAYS and DAYS..my Nenna came out for a visit! She brought her little boy Gigglenuts out to play at my work..and she brought Hammie too!
It had been a fairly busy morning..and then a stressful little time in the afternoon..so not only did she save my butt by picking things up in town to bring to me which I desperately needed..but she also brought her lovely self and others that I love muchly with her to my farm where we could pick some strawberries, go for a tractor ride and have some good old quality hangouts :) I had been having such a stressful yucky day before that..and was just tired of people and dealing with problems and dealing with LIFE that I just wanted to curl up into a ball and hide..but of course..it was BEST FRIENDS to the RESCUE!

I love my best friends. Love love love. That made my day SO much more enjoyable..and just put a smile on my face :) That's what friends are for..and I love having amazing ones that always know exactly how to make everything better..and make long days..lovely days :)

Anyways..on with le photos!



Tractor rides are the BEST part of strawberry picking at his FAVOURITE "aunties" work!

YUM! Strawberry eating machine!

Thumbs up for awesomely yummy strawberries!





Mommy pulling the wagon..Hammie taught Gigglenuts to say "Mush Mush Mommy"..oh dear.




Hammie and Gigglenuts chillaxing in their chariot :)

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

I know I don't leave comments very often anymore... so here I am, commenting. :)

These pictures make me want to come pick berries like, right now. Well, maybe not RIGHT now as it's dark and kind of cold, but you know.

Anonymous said...

you should really post more often...especially when you tell me you are writing posts...AND THEN DON'T POST THEM...looooooooooooove "Nenna"