Monday, July 28, 2008

Update Slacker

I, dear readers (if, there are any of you left in the great white in-tra-net abyss) am a horrible, rotten, no good, very bad..blogger.

That's right.

You heard me.

I admitted it.

BUT!

Things have been crazy. (When are they ever not? BLAAAAAH!)

Let's Review..

Since I last updated I have:

Got a job in Switzerland
Bought a laptop
Worked stupid amounts of hours
Drank a few too many drinks
Hung out with lovely people
Slept too little
Danced
Sat anxiously awaiting my work permit
Had my best friend go and get herself engaged (and thus, subsequently, have become a BRIDESMAID!!!)
Gone to a fair
Spend hours agonizing over EVERYTHING
Gone for cottage adventures
Eaten icecream
Spent too much money
Got an international drivers licence
Ate pizza
NOT booked a flight (which I think is subsequently giving me an ulcer..gah)
Smelled peaches
Taken oodles of random photos
Played 'Word Whomp' with my mother WAY too much
Not spent enough quality time
Filled my car up with gas that costs WAY too much money
Sat on patios, decks and other lovely sitting places in the warmth of the summer
Sang at the top of my lungs
Worried that things won't work out
Mailed a letter
Got a new credit card (....)
Toasted with champagne
Played guitar hero (who knew?)
Ate steak (this is a big deal folks, I'd never eaten more than a piece of steak before in my life..and even then..I've always spat it out..haha)
Been told "I love you" (even if it was by a three year old..)
Daydreamed

So, I've been up to a lot of this and that.

I'm exhausted now though (surprise surprise) and finally got in some hangouts with my daddio tonight..which were desperately needed. I feel as though I can't strike a balance with anything anymore..and I just feel like a constant disappointment..which sucks.

I also am supposed to start work in a foreign country..three weeks from today.

This is me. This is me FREAKING OUT.

I don't even know where to start ANYTHING right now. I'm just stressball. I'm ACTUALLY a giantball of stress.

Elaboration on previous topics later. Maybe. Hopefully. Who knows.

5 comments:

Asha said...

1.) You're not a bad blogger, you just have a bigger life than the internet can hold right now.

2.) I'll be reading your blog while you're away. I WANT TO HEAR OF ADVENTURES!

3.) You rock. Things will work out.

4.) How do I go about getting an international driver's license?

5.) <3

Erin said...

1) Excellent way of putting it - makes me feel bettah..haha

2) Oh there WILL be adventures to be told!!! I'm rather excited to update about adventures!

3) Thanks! :)

4) Go to CAA and ask...then proceed to have your photo taken and pay them moola (not a whole lot of moola) - it sounds momre impressive than it is..haha

5) <3<3<3

Unknown said...

Wow, you have had a lot going on. I kept checking in because since you found my blog a few months back I have been reading yours and I have enjoyed your life!

A job in Switzerland! Wow. I thought working in a strawberry farm was cool! Your life seems so fascinating!

Being a bridesmade is awesome. Congrats to your friend.

Make sure you keep your blog current, you are way to interesting not to write!

Shop Girl* said...

And you thought your readers had disappeared...

YAY FOR UPDATING!

I'm telling you now. I will be expecting many, many, many updates while you are adventuring in Europe and I am giving my life away to Hippie U.

P.s. Don't be stressed. I think you're great. :)

Steffi said...

haha my list of things I've done (and not posted) is about that long too!!