Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hosiery Garments For Enclosing The Human Foot

Today I came to a conclusion. I was sitting in the living room, minding my own business, when I realized how much I completely and totally hate...socks.

Yeah, that's right. I'm a hater. A sock hater.

I just really don't enjoy socks. There is something about them that just..irks me. I hate having my feet enclosed and feeling like they're being suffocated. I feel like my feet don't have room to breathe or stretch or do anything else but get too hot and icky inside my socks. I would much rather be chilling in bare feet so that my feet can wiggle around and do whatever they please than have to be wearing dumb old socks.

And then don't even get me started about the little bits of socks that gets left on your foot or, worse yet, inbetween your toes! EWW! Why would anyone ever choose to wear clothing that left little bits of itself behind when you took it off? YUCK!

It's quite literally one of the first things that I do when I get home from my day..I walk in the door and POOF..off come the shoes..OFF COME THE SOCKS! It's a rather refreshing feeling to take off your socks and have your feet feel as though they can exist again without hiding behind the disgustingness that is..socks.

I don't know how people can stand to wear socks all of the time. I just can't handle it..once the snow melts..forget it..you won't see me wearing socks again until we have snow again (unless of course there is some sort of an extreme dire emergency that REQUIRES that I wear socks..). I will go for MONTHS wearing sandals, heels, flip flops, WHATEVER..as long as I don't have to wear the dreaded socks. I don't know how people do it..I just honestly cannot handle wearing socks all of the time. It drives me absolutely BONKERS!

And don't even think about bringing up wearing socks at bedtime, because that folks, that's just plain crazy.

5 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AS IF YOU WROTE THIS!! I do EXACTLY the same thing!!!!! I only EVER wear them 2 seconds before I have to put on shoes, 2 seconds after I have taken off shoes, of if my feet are really really really cold and slippers just aren't cutting it. haha!! The Hubster even calls me Dirt Foot in the summer because I never ever wear shoes, only flip flops. hahaha

This post is amazing. I thought that I was the only one... haha

Erin said...

LOL! See!

This is just PROOF that we're actually supposed to be best friends. I'm telling you, it's crazy how similar we are...kinda creepy ACTUALLY.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that despises socks oh so much! I am also quite the dirt foot come summer time..like, despite showering, my feet have this permenant dirt glow surrounding them. Gross, but hey, it beats socks.

Veggie Carrie said...

Just wondering...what about tights??? Are they even worse?

Shop Girl* said...

Well, I vary on this one. I don't HATE tights. I do absolutely refuse to wear pantyhose except for in extreme circumstances. I looooooathe the way that they feel. Men don't have to wear them, so why should we? haha!

Erin said...

I would rather wear tights than wear socks..anyday! But I would rather wear neither than either..LOL! If the weather is nice I'm generally barefooted..and my feet like it that way! :)