Friday, April 25, 2008

Lullabies

Spring time really makes me happy..there is something so refreshing about the spring..but there are many reasons why I love this season so..one of them being nighttime.

The evening in the spring is much different than other seasons..the nights are beginning to become warm..but not TOO warm. You can go outside in only a sweater and usually be perfectly comfortable...which is quite nice if you ask me! You're able to go for walks and look at the stars and just enjoy the peaceful serenity of the night.

I love that I can sleep with my windows open and comfortably sleep throughout the night enjoying the cool air while cuddling under my blankets..there is something extremely comforting to me about sleeping with my windows open..I love it.

Another reason that I love being able to sleep with my window open is the sounds I can hear while drifting off to sleep..I've found that this scares most people (especially the city folks) who are fearful of leaving their windows open..but I enjoy it to an utmost degree. The reason that I love these sounds so is that they're so..peaceful. Listening as an owl hoots its sorrowful song..or to the branches swaying in the wind..I love drifting off to sleep with these comforting sounds. My favourite (by far) though is the sound that the frogs make. I happen to live close to a water source..and in spring the sounds of frogs are EVERYWHERE. Millions of tiny voices singing songs to each other..looking for their mate..calling out to no one in particular..it's refreshing. It's one of the reasons why I love living where I live so very much. At night, as the darkness falls...I love going outside to listen to the sounds of the frogs..and then as I climb into bed..I close my eyes and drift off into a peaceful slumber to my frog lullabies..

And honestly..who DOESN'T love being serenaded to sleep?

..Even if it is by a frog? :P

3 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

Mmmmmm how I miss living in the countryish... for me it was the crickets and the wind. I loooooooved hearing it at night.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog....in many respects, it could be written by me........I happened on it quite by cgance and find myself returning......Good luck and keep blogging.

Erin said...

Shop Girl* - Finally! Someone else who understands my love for the country! YAY! :)

Anonymous - Thank you for leaving a comment! It's nice to hear that people enjoy reading what I've written..I'd love to read a blog of yours if you have one! It's funny how often we see ourselves in other peoples blogs..makes you feel not so alone in the great big world :)