Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Roller Coaster of Life

Whoa. So life has been..busy.

It's the end of the school year and things are beginning to wrap up..but I'm still going to be kept busy (even though school school is finished for me on FRIDAY..there is still stuff that will keep me there until mid MAY..how unfair I say!)

The past week has had it's ups and downs..some major projects to do for school which were taxing and time consuming..some shitty things happening..some REALLY shitty things happening (you know, the ones that make you question life and how it can be so cruel and unfair and generally BLAH) and then some really wonderful moments mixed in there too.

My life is a roller coaster. Actually.


But then..that's life..the good, the bad and the ridiculous.

I spent the evening at a friends house at one point since my absence..and it was completely and totally refreshing. After having a lot of my plate that week..I was just tired and done...and then I had to go over there for one reason or another..so I stopped by and decided to go in for a few minutes..


HOURS later I finally realized just HOW late it was and HOW early I had to be up the next morning and finally made my way home..


I paid for it the next day..I was exhausted and more worn out and behind than I should have been..but I didn't even really care..it was SO worth it. We just sat around for hours and chatted..and dished and gossiped and laughed..oh how we laughed. We talked about where life is going and what where we're going to end up..we talked about boys..we talked about our families..we talked about our beliefs, our loves, our hates and we sat around her living room eating candy and discussing life for HOURS. I just really need more moments like that...of planned nothingness. Just happiness. We had nothing on our minds that was really pressing..we were just catching up and chatting..and it was lovely. It was so nice to just be able to openly talk about EVERYTHING and just sit around discussing life and all of it's possibilities. I'm so lucky to have such amazing best friends..I love that we can chat for hours and never get tired of talking..or we can just sit on the couch for hours in complete silence..and that's just as comforting as sitting there talking. I really am quite fantastically lucky in that respect :) I love my girlfriends..Oh I am a lucky girl.. :)

So in the topic of 'The Same Old News' ...I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing with my life or where or what I'm doing next year..and it's driving me insane! I just REALLY don't have any idea what to do..Ideally I'd really like to travel..but I just don't know. I just really wish I had someone who sat on my shoulder and made my decisions for me...'Blue or black ink?' 'Chicken or Veggie?' 'Red shirt or blue shirt?'....orange wine gum or purple? (Okay, that's an easy one..WHO EVER PICKS ORANGE?!) ...and then of course those pesky 'life' decisions..do I stay or do I go?...Sensible or Crazy?...Blaaaah! I just really don't know anymore. I never REALLY knew to BEGIN with..but honestly.

In happier news..I've remembered why spring is my favourite season. I love that everything is so fresh and new and gorgeous. There is just something about spring that refreshes my spirit. I love breaking out the flip flops (Yeah, I finally did! And I only stepped in one puddle that froze my foot off..and narrowly missed the last remnants of a snowbank..haha!) and wearing only a sweater outside during the afternoon when the warm sun pelts down upon you...mmm! So lovely!! I love seeing the buds start to try to come out..and the grass showing it's face again. I love seeing kids throughout the neighbourhoods break out the bikes and the skipping ropes and playing hop scotch...It's SO refreshing to see. Those old school classic play things that transcend generations and always have that way of bringing you back to your childhood. Remember how much fun splashing in puddles was? Or those silly skipping rhymes? The sound of the birds returning from their winter travels to sing a happy song from the trees above? Or just being able to run around freely with the wind blowing in your hair...

I love spring..it's so wonderful..there is just this sense of a fresh start..new life..everything that seems gloomy and gray and miserable can be solved in spring..simply because it's the season of fresh starts. So as I watch the last of the snow melt away..I appreciate winter a little more than I have in the past few months when we were buried in feet of the disgusting white mess that we call winter. And suddenly..I realize that I'm thankful that we have that long drawn out winter season..because at the end of winter..always comes spring..and that's nothing but pure and lovely bliss :)

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

Mmmmm today is the most beautiful of beautiful spring days!!!!

I hope you are able to complete your projects without too much stress... and I'm really glad you got a night out with your girls. I have one booked for next week and I can hardly wait. :)

Erin said...

I think that today most DEFINITELY takes the cake..it was beyond lovely and amazing out there today!!!

The projects are basically done..just a few more bits of this and that and I'm freeeeeeeee!! :)

Horray for girls nights! They make life worth living :)