Friday, March 21, 2008

Cold Spring Days..

I had really began to believe that spring was on its way..

The weather was getting warmer..the snow was melting..and slowly but surely the sounds of spring were upon us. The lovely sound of snow melting, the smell of the fresh crisp springtime air and the odd sound of a bird or two brave enough to come back to the first signs of spring..

Last weekend I was outside for two entire days..from 8 in the morning until 5 at night..and I didn't even bother with a coat..for the weather was just that nice.

And then I was hoping that this weekend would be the same. Alas..When I stepped outside my door this morning to get my day started...I realized how wrong I was about spring being here..and quickly ran back inside to grab long johns, another sweater AND my coat.

It's now been well over an hour since I've made my way back inside..but the core of my being still feels as though it's frozen solid. I guess spring isn't really here afterall...which is rather discouraging..I'm longing to put away my winter coat and say good riddence to it..I've had enough with winter! Bring on the nice weather and take away all of this blasted snow!

Despite the rain this week..there is still so much snow here. In places the snow is still up well past my knees..but in most others it's settled and melted below my knees. But still..I've had about enough! I'm ready for something warmer! I need a change that does not involve snow and cold and wind..which is where the lovely springtime weather (including all of that fun mud and muck!) comes into play...

Today would have been an absolutely lovely spring day..except for the fact that the wind was so utterly cold and bitter. I need to slather my poor hands in cream as the wind just absolutely took a beating on them..

On the upside..I now have reason to go be lazy and have the warmest of warm showers and cuddle up in a million blankets with some sort of reading material..horray! :)

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

It's the sun. I woke up yesterday expecting it to be 15°C when I saw how bright it was... and then I checked my weather thing and it was -9°C and my heart was sad.

I'm so done with winter.

Erin said...

It's crazy how the weather can be so decieving! This afternoon was actually quite lovely though! I was outside all day again and where I was the wind was blocked (and actually completely died down by about 1pm) and it was so nice to just be able to be outside and not feel FROZEN!

But I agree..I'm done with winter! I need to post some of my winter pictures though..I took one today of my parents picnic table in their backyard..You can see the top of it now out of the GIANT snowbank that IS their backyard..but it was completely burried at points this winter! I'm ready for spring!