Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gotcha!

So on account of the lovely Miss. Shop Girl briefly mentioning analytics stuff..I decided to be creative and create my own account! I was curious if anyone actually read this little dusty old corner..and if so..who!

I didn't think that many did..and was pretty sure that I knew exactly who did..turns out..I'm completely wrong.

Turns out that there are quite a few little lurkers of this dusty little corner of nowhere! Thanks to the lovely powers of the internet..I can seee youu! Okay. So not really. But I can KIND OF see you. I know that you're there and can see a little bit of random information about how long you're sitting here lurking and stuff. (Rather creepericious if you want my honest opinion!)

Despite being quite general and never really revealing (I don't think?) in my posts here thus far..I find this information quite...startling..for different reasons. The first being that I cannot fathom who would be interested in the dribble I write..The second being that this is the first time in a long time that I've allowed a blog to be publically accessed and have given up all control and power..so I don't know who is reading it. And that is actually quite..scary. I like to know who is reading about my life and why they're reading about my life. I actually thought that it would bother me more that I don't have such control and that I don't know exactly who is reading..but when it boils down to it..it doesn't really bother me that much.

But still, curiousity got the cat. And I am indeed a cat. A curious one at that! I'm beyond interested to know who is sitting on their computer reading about *my* boring old life! So show yourself! I dare you to! Even if it is anonymously! :P

PS - As I was told 34719847398432948239329* times by small children in the past few days...'Hoppy Easter!!!'









*may be a slight exageration

3 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

Oooh isn't google analytics absolutely LOVELY? I'm addicted. It's fun watching my daily readers... I had 103 one day! That's MADNESS! I don't even write about anything! haha!

I'm glad you've decided just to let yourself go and write freely for all to see. I'm really enjoying it, and I know that others are (who have been secretly reading) as well. :)

Frankofile said...

Google analytics? Must check that out... I do anonymous reading on quite a few blogs: sometimes I have nothing to add, sometimes the entry doesn't seem to invite comment.

Perhaps the grammar is 'I read, you browse, they lurk'? Or from the writer's point of view 'I chat, you ponder, they self-promote?

Erin said...

shop girl* - it is quite lovely! it's rather interesting to dig around and find out the most random of random things..LOL!

I find your blog quite interesting..I'm enjoying it! :)

I hope these random secret readers are enjoying themselves..LOL

Frankofile - I've clicked a few times on the 'next blog' option and read through some interesting little bits of here and there..it's fun to just drop in every now and then on a random or two and glimpse through the eyes of someone else :)