Friday, March 14, 2008

Time Warp

Isn't it funny how sometimes music holds such a powerful hold over us?

I have memories from years past tucked away into random places of my head..and I can forget about them completely..and then an old song will come on the radio and I will immediately be transported to a time and place much different than the present.

Instead of sitting in my old broken red computer chair I'm standing at that middle school dance, or sitting in the backseat of my best friends car the summer she got her lisence, or even just sitting in my best friends room when we lived in residence. It's amazing how music is such an integral part of our lives that we associate certain bits and pieces of it with memories, with bits of time.

Current songs that are playing time warp with my head: Semi-Charmed Kinda Life & Ironic

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

I WAS THINKING EXACTLY THIS AT FORMAL LAST NIGHT!!!

The requests people had put in were almost all older songs... "I Swear", "The Macerena", "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"... the whole evening left me with a flood of old memories.

It was "Come on Eileen" that really did me in though... I listened to that over and over and over in first year and had completely forgotten about it since.

Erin said...

Haha - See! We ARE the same person :P

I love that song! There are so many good 'oldies' that I haven't heard in forever!