Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm A Young Soul In This Very Strange World..

Do you ever get really fixated on a song? Like, REALLY fixated? And not even on like, necessarily really great, amazing music..but just some random song?

Because I do. ALL OF THE FREAKIN' TIME.

I try not to because I know that it has a tendency to drive everyone in this house insane, but I really can't help it. It's like this bizarre compulsion to listen to a song over and over and OVER again until I feel guilty about making everyone else hear it so often that I put on my headphones and pretend to be listening to something else..

I don't know what it is..but I just get STUCK on songs sometimes and I really just want to listen to certain songs over and over again.

I know that people have a tendency to do this, but I feel like I'm a pretty severe case. It's not like I'll just put it in a playlist or listen to it three or four times..but I'm talking about listening to it over and over again for hours. For days upon days and hours upon hours. It's weird, I know.

It's like my brain just gets to the point where it just wants to listen to a song over and over again and doesn't want to hear anything else. Nothing about work, nothing about school, just a song..over and over again. And it's not that I don't listen to lots of different songs..but usually I'll just put the particular song that I'm currently obsessed with (for no apparant reason, mind you) on repeat and listen to it the entire time I'm on the computer..

Anyway, I'm going to continue to just sit here listening to the song that I've been listening to for the last little while..I'm about to make a switch I feel..I've been sneaking in little listens of another song for the last day or two..

I'm quite exhausted as I've gotten very little sleep this week. And I have a busy weekend ahead of me! So I guess I should head to the comfort that is my bed..if only to cuddle up with my book..mmmm..reading for pleasure..how I love thee!

I promise more interesting and exciting and witty posts at a later date. Maybe.

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

I do this too... quite a bit actually. My latest obsession is Adele. She's incredible and I can't get enough. I do try and spice it up a bit so that I don't tire of the song too quickly (or drive the Hubster up the wall) but there are times when I listen to it over and over. It's never the lyrics that get me though... always the melody.

Erin said...

Oooh! Glad to know I'm not the only one!! :) I try to spice it up too..but when I get stuck on a song..it's usually all that I want to listen to..LOL! I usually just turn on the radio to try and get myself away from listening to the same thing over and over again :)

The melody is most definitely key..if there is something lovely that sucks you in and wraps you up in the song then it's clearly an excellent song :)